Job opening: GoBoat crew in Washington, DC (The Wharf) and Maryland (National Harbor)
At GoBoat we’re looking for 4-5 crew members to join our awesome team for the remainder of the 2023 season in both DC and Maryland. When you work at GoBoat you are a part of our family where togetherness and socializing is an important part of the workplace. We care about having a great time while working as this naturally creates an amazing experience for our guests.
Who is GoBoat
GoBoat was brought to life in 2014 in Copenhagen, Denmark, making the water accessible for everybody. We create unique experiences and unforgettable memories on the water to as many as possible.
At GoBoat we respect our surroundings and that’s why we treat the waters with great consideration. As daily users of the channel and harbor we have a responsibility for keeping it as clean as possible. Our boats are electrical driven and made responsibly. Some are made of reusable plastic while the newest boats and future ones are made of basalt materials.
We have locations all over the world, including Copenhagen, London and Melbourne. We are growing in multiple places worldwide with new locations opening each year while we also implement new concepts. That’s why we need more people to join our family and spred GoBoat’s maritime vibes.
Who we are looking for
At GoBoat we’re looking for energetic young personalities who want to help us spread the maritime vibes at the Wharf and National Harbor. You, as a crew member, are the first representative of GoBoat our guests meet when they are going sailing. Therefore, we are in search of outgoing people who radiate charm, good vibes and are great small talkers that love connecting with people. So if you, like us, love being on the water and enjoy being outside, then the job as crew at GoBoat might be perfect for you.
Specific qualifications and competences
- You are reliable and always arrive on time
- You are sociable and can talk to anybody
- You can communicate in English - any other languages would be great too, as we have a lot of international guests
- You believe in teamwork and value a strong community
- You must be service-minded and always make sure to give our guests the best experience
- It sounds like a cliché, but it’s important to be able to keep a cool head in pressured situations. Summer days are fast-paced and you have to run fast without compromising the customer experience
- You take responsibility and make sure you’re tasks get done so your colleagues aren’t left with your work and task
- Preparation and cleaning of boats and the boat dock
- Check-in of guests via our booking system
- Briefing on boat handling, safety, sailing routes and rules before sending guests on the water at The Wharf and National Harbor.
- Throughout the year we organize a number of events that you will help to facilitate
- Not a requirement, but an advantage: knowledge of boats and the maritime environment (BUT NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED as we will train you)
- We expect you to be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- You will be required to work at both locations
- You will have the opportunity to sail for free at selected times
- The position is seasonal. Our season runs from April 1st 2023 – October 31rd 2023. Work hours will vary depending on whether it’s low or high season
- The workplace is at our locations at The Wharf and National Harbor
- The job is hourly paid
- You must be at least 18 years old
We need people who are able to start as soon as possible. You must not have any planned holidays lasting more than 5 consecutive days.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!