Terms and Conditions
End user conditions
Conditions for boat rental
- You must be 21 years or older to make a booking with GoBoat.
- All prices displayed are subject to change without notice before a booking is confirmed.
- The person making the booking is classed as the “Renter” in any booking which includes more than one person. You (the Renter) guarantee, that you have the authority to accept these Use Terms on behalf of each member of your group using GoBoat. You will be the primary contact with GoBoat and will accept any communications/correspondence from GoBoat on behalf of your entire party.
- At the time of booking, you must provide GoBoat with your contact details.
- Otherwise applicable law regarding refunds/returns of online purchases of 14 days, does not apply to boat rental and thus GoBoat bookings. However, please read our cancelation policy below for details on how you can cancel.
Requirements upon arrival
- Valid government issued ID like a passport or picture ID.
- Mobile telephone fully charged is essential onboard. It will have to be switched on during the entire duration of your journey to allow for communication with GoBoat and/or relevant authorities in any case (any emergency).
- Confirmation e-mail of your booking.
- If you do not appear to possess the correct documentation or do not meet all relevant requirements of these Use Terms, you will not be allowed to rent our boats.
- Although the boats are insured, the Renter is the primary responsible for any damage to or loss of the boat and its equipment; in case of damage/loss you will have to pay the amount of $1,000 in full or part of depending on the type of damage or loss. The Renter will be held responsible for the actions of the other members in your group as well.
- We strongly recommend that you have adequate personal insurance cover in case of injury.
- The cancellation policy described in the following sections 2 through 6 apply to all customers who have NOT purchased Cancellation Warranty.
- When you trade with GoBoat as a private client, and have not purchased the Cancellation Warranty, you can cancel your purchase up to 72 hours before your reservation starts. 72 hours prior to the reservation starts your purchase becomes non-refundable as the purchase is considered consumed and you acknowledge that you lose your right to a refund.
- If you cancel your purchase with GoBoat more than 72 hours before your reservation starts, you can choose to i) receive a voucher with the full amount (valid for 1 year – the date of expiration can be found on the voucher), ii) change the booking date at no cost or iii) receive a refund of your balance within 14 days from the date we received your cancellation. However, you may be charged an administrative fee.
- Between 72 and 24 hours before departure you can choose to i) receive a voucher with the full amount (valid for 1 year – the date of expiration can be found on the voucher) or ii) change the booking date at no cost.
- To exercise the right to the refund you must notify us of your decision to cancel by an unequivocal statement, e.g. letter sent by email to email@example.com specifying your name, email and the unique booking code for the reservation we have provided to you. In order to receive a voucher with the full amount, you must click the link in your booking confirmation email. Here you can cancel or change your booking. A voucher will be sent to you within minutes.
- The deadline for refund is met if you send your notice of cancellation before the cancellation period has expired.
- The cancellation policy described in the following sections 7 through 11 only apply to customers who have purchased Cancellation Warranty and fulfill the criteria laid out below in sections 7 through 11.
- When you trade with GoBoat as a private client, and have purchased Cancellation Warranty at the same time as your booking, you can cancel your purchase until 4 hours before your reservation starts. 4 hours prior to the reservation starts, your purchase becomes non-refundable as the purchase is considered consumed and you acknowledge that you lose your right to a refund. The Cancellation Warranty does NOT cover fresh food items bought online, e.g. tapas, sandwhiches or shrimp.
- You pay a Cancellation Warranty per boat.
- To exercise the right to the refund you must fill out this form.
- The deadline for refund is met if you submit the form before the cancellation period has expired.
- Please note that purchase of Cancellation Warranty is non-refundable.
- The cancellation policy described in the following sections 14 through 15 apply to all customers.
- If you are eligible for a refund, the amount will generally be returned automatically to the payment card you originally used to pay the order. Alternatively we will contact you and ask for your bank information. We will then need the following information: (i) name of the bank, (ii) registration number (4 digits), (iii) account number (10 digits).
- Please note that gift cards and any kind of vouchers made are non-refundable.
- The Renter is responsible for the boat’s safe navigation and for the actions of each member in your party and you must take all reasonable care. No minor aged under 18 may steer the boat.
- In the event of damage to or breakdown of the boat rendering it inoperable, regardless of the reason, no responsibility can be accepted by GoBoat for loss of time and any other damages or expenses incurred as a result hereof. GoBoat shall not be responsible for the consequence of any delay, restriction or cancellation of boat rentals arising from repairs or damage or other circumstances beyond its control.
- In the case of any accident or damage to the boat: you must notify GoBoat immediately reporting full details and wait for our instructions; no action should be taken on your own initiative. We will take steps to repair the boat as quickly as possible given the circumstances. In situations where it is not possible for GoBoat to repair the boat or remedy the situation immediately GoBoat shall not be responsible for the consequences of delays or cancellation.
- In the case of any accident or damage to any other craft or waterway property you must: record the details (name, model, registration number etc.) of any other boat involved with names, addresses of its owner and witnesses (where applicable) and immediately report the fact to GoBoat with full details.
- No repairs may be put in hand without GoBoat’s consent; you must wait our instructions.
- We encourage all guests to wear life jackets during the entire journey.
- The boat shall be steered in accordance with the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea (COLREGS). You must navigate in accordance with current bye-laws and must observe the speed limits at all times. You are only allowed to sail in the area indicated on the map provided by GoBoat. All areas marked as “no-sail” zones on the map and areas not included on the map must not be entered. Always keep as much distance as possible to other vehicles on the water.
- It is not allowed to throw trash into the water. You can not take and use on board any gas appliances or portable heaters of any type. Waterpipes and other items with open fire are not allowed on board the boats.
- Irresponsible behavior, such as significant consumption of alcohol, is not allowed by any of the persons on board the boats.
- You are only allowed to pee on public toilets. It is strictly forbidden to pee on private property areas and/or onboard the boats.
- It is mandatory to respect the maximum number of passenger permitted on board the boats to comply with laws and regulations: the number of persons indicated for each boat must not be exceeded.
- The boat is never to be left out of sight unless it has been agreed with GoBoat.
- At the end of the rental period it is your own responsibility to ensure that you collect all your items of personal belongings from the boats; We accept no responsibility for any items left aboard.
- GoBoat is not obliged to cover expenses in case of cancellations due to weather conditions or lack of available boats as a result of theft, damages or the like; in case of bad weather or wind, depending on severity, planned hires may be delayed or cancelled (in this case they will be postponed to an available date).
- GoBoat cannot be held responsible for and is not obliged to refund or cover any expenses in case any areas of the harbor is permanently or temporarily shut down due to construction, events or for any other reason.
- GoBoat may at its absolute discretion refuse to hand over a boat or terminate the boat rental agreement in advance where, in the opinion of GoBoat, the Renter or any person in the group is likely to cause damage, distress or fails to comply with company rules; in such event GoBoat will be under no obligation to refund any amount.
- The boats must not be used for commercial use without prior written permission from GoBoat.
- GoBoat may at any time refuse or terminate the rent agreement if the above rules are not followed or if GoBoat deems that it is not safe to rent out boats.
- In case of delay you are charged $40 for every 15 minutes started beyond the agreed duration of the journey.
- It is your responsibility to inform GoBoat if the boat is not back before closing time. Is this not done and GoBoat deems it necessary to start a search for the boat the expenses in connection with this is charged to you.
- All prices are incl. VAT.
- Payment can be made using the following payment methods: Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Maestro, JCB and American Express as well as Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Boat rental, events and any other items are paid for in advance.
- In no event shall GoBoat be liable, whether in contract or tort, or otherwise for any incidental, indirect, consequential or unforeseeable loss, damage or expense, loss of profits, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss or corruption of data, however arising, even if advised of the possibility of such loss or damages being incurred.
- The remedies provided in these Use Terms are the exclusive remedies of the Parties.
- If you experience errors or defects in the delivery from GoBoat, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can find a satisfactory solution.