Rent a boat in Washington, DC
Enjoy DC's Washington Channel at the Wharf through Float DC by GoBoat
Experience Washington, DC, from an entirely new perspective in a GoBoat - AKA Float DC. This year we're re-branding from Float DC to GoBoat. So you'll see both brands mentioned.
Fitting 8 people, you'll enjoy a unique social sailing experience with friends, family or colleagues. You are your own captain on your own private tour when renting our electrically powered 18-foot boats. The GoBoat picnic boat is Danish designed and does not require a license to drive.
Enjoy the Wharf's sights from the water in our nation's capital. You're in for a totally new experience seeing these sights with loved ones from the water:
- Francis Case Bridge
- Beautiful Boats
- Titanic Memorial
- East Potomac Golf Links
- The Municipal Fish Market at the Wharf
- National War College
- The Anthem
- The Wharf Boardwalk
- National Park Service Headquarters
Renting a boat in the Washington Channel
It's easy to rent a boat in Washington, DC at the Wharf with FloatDC by GoBoat. Just book online and show up 15 minutes before the booked time at The Wharf, DC. The person renting must be 21 years old.
You could try your luck going to our location at The Wharf, DC, to see if we have available boats. If so, we are happy to rent you a boat. However, we recommend to book online.
We'll teach you how to sail and instruct you about the rules. No license required. Have a look at how sailing a GoBoat works.
Float DC by GoBoat
We were formerly known as Float DC but are changing into GoBoat just like 15+ other GoBoat locations in the world.
Rules and information about renting a GoBoat at The Wharf, DC:
- Open from April 1st until October 31st in 2023.
- We are open from 8 am to 8 pm most days depending on the sunset.
- At The Wharf, you can rent premium cushions for your sail for extra comfort as well as biminis so you are ready for the sun.
- 8 people per boat. No license or prior experience needed.
- A GoBoat's speed is about 3-4 knots (5-7 miles/h) so you can focus on each other and the local sights
- Online rebooking and cancelation until 24 hours before departure
- We also operate at The National Harbor, MD.
Price for renting a GoBoat
You rent by the boat and by the hour. Each boats fits up to 8 people, including children and babies. Pricing for one boats:
1 hour: $150
2 hours: $300
3 hours: $400
Price excludes sales tax and fees.
Find Float DC by GoBoat at The Wharf, DC
- Our address is: 101 Market Square SW, Washington, DC 20024
- Opening time: From 8 am to sunset (usually 8 pm) Check the booking system for specific opening hours.
- Public transportation: Take the Blue, Orange or Silver line to Eastern Market and take a 10 min walk from there to Float DC by GoBoat. Find us on Google Maps here.